Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Interview

1. What is your full name? 
Christina Cornacchia

2. Where are you from (city, state, country)?
Brooklyn, New York, USA

3. Where did you go to college? For how long? Would you like to go back to school?
I attended St. Francis College I was a Political Science major, I have a B.A. I am current in graduate school for Health Care Administrative at the CUNY Center for Professional Studies.

4. (If the interview went to college)... What was your major in college and what kind of degree did you earn? Did you attend graduate school for an advanced degree? If yes, what degree and at which school?
I was a Political Science major, I have a B.A. I am current in graduate school for Health Care Administrative at the CUNY Center for Professional Studies.

5. What made you choose your career you are working in now?
I choose the field of working for a non-profit health care organization because I was able to work for New York City in a way that benefits the public and community.

6. Why did you choose this particular company?
I choose this organization because it is a New York City, non-for-profit agency.

7. Describe the process in which you got your job. Did you interview? With how many people? How many times?
I saw the job posting online and came in person to fill out the application. Do not know how many people applied for the job. I was interviewed twice for my current position.

8.How long have you worked here?
I have worked for Health and Hospitals Corporation (HHC) for 3 years.

9. What is your job title?
Clerical Associate II

10. What do your duties include? Another way of asking this question is, "What kinds of work does your job involve?"
My duties include:
·       Serves as a receptionist
·       Conducts a wide variety of typing and computer assignments
·       Track all physicals both pre-employment and annual of both adult and youth volunteers for return of uniforms of inactive volunteers
·       Set appointments for drug testing
·       Responsible for submitting work orders and supply orders
·       Perform status reports and letters of recommendations for volunteers
·       Partner with schools and educational centers to facilitate community serve and internship opportunities


11. What are some of the challenges you have faced working here?
Due to New York State budget cuts the funding to HHC has been decreased. This means many services the hospital provides have been reduced or canceled. The Volunteer Department has been reduced to 2 staff members because of this cut we had to temporally stop accepting new volunteers.

12. What is the best part of your job?
The best part of my job is working with students, like yourself. It is extremely rewarding to help interns, students and volunteers. I have seen many high school students go off to college and college interns find a great job.
13. What is something you would like to change about your job?
In the future I would like to expand our internship program to include a larger number of high schools and colleges.

14. Did you work somewhere else before this job? Where? For how long? How was that job similar or different?
Yes. I have previous worked for National Grid. For 1 year. The job was somewhat similar; I worked for the accounting department as receptionist.

15. What do you see as your future with this company? If you plan on changing jobs, what will you do?
 I would like to stay at HHC and one day hopefully become Assistant Director of the Volunteer Department.
16.Do you enjoy the kind of work you do? Why or why not?
Yes, I enjoy my job because there are many different features to my job which make it interesting and helping the public is a plus.

17. How has having an intern helped your company or organization?
Yes, the interns help various departments throughout the hospital. The hospital is always seeking individual such as intern to aid in the everyday more of their department. The intern can help administration with clerical work or work with a nurse and helping the patients. Each intern plays an important role in aiding the hospital function.

18. What advice would you give to teenage interns (such as myself) getting ready for college?
Try not to get overwhelmed by picking the top rated college pick a college you are interested in! And study, study for those SAT's!!! Remember to look and apply for any scholarships.

 
19. What advice would you give to teenage interns (such as myself) preparing to find a career in the real world?
The best advice I can give you is try and pick a major in a field you are interests you that way you’ll be content with your job. And always try to your best… your hard work will pay off!

No comments:

Post a Comment