Tuesday, February 8, 2011

First Impressions

I work in Coney Island Hospital. My internship started a little bit late, but it is fine. My mentor is Christina Cornacchia. She is Clerical Associate II and works Volunteer Service Department. She is very amiable, helpful and considerate. I work in Pediatrics Clinic (T105). There is a small place but it's very busy and joyous because there are many babies around us. When I first started working at my internship, my very first thoughts were strange, afraid and challenge. Three jobs I have done so far are make a phone call to the patient for make up or remind them about their appointments,  helping copy the papers, and send the letters to the mail room. The most challenging part of internship is making the phone call to the patients. I have to talk to different kind of people and some of them have a louder voice, after the phone, my ears are hurt. The other reason is I have to know what they say and what they want. It's challenging part for me. One skill I have learned is conversation.

What is the primary goal of the organization I work at?
How many people work at this organization?

Does this organization exist in other cities besides New York? If so, which cities?

When I asked Ms. Christina about the primary goal of Volunteer Service Organization , she explained that the main goal is To serve the communities of southern Brooklyn by providing high quality, safe and cost effective health care services in a courteous, compassionate and respectful way, regardless of ability to pay. We will be the provider of choice for residents of southern Brooklyn, operating a network of community and hospital-based programs in attractive, safe and comfortable settings. There are 3,000 people are employed by Coney Island Hospital. The organization The New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation (HHC) only has facilities in New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment